The NC Commission on Volunteerism and Community Service promotes and facilitates service and volunteering to improve lives, strengthen communities, and foster civic engagement in North Carolina.
State Service Commissions date back to the creation of the Corporation for National and Community Service with the passage of the National and Community Service Trust Act of 1993. On May 12, 1994, the Commission was added as a division within the Office of the Governor. Its main role is to oversee the state AmeriCorps programs, disaster volunteers and donations, the Governor's Page Program, the Governor's Volunteer Awards and promotes volunteer initiatives. The Commission staff is supported by a board of Commissioners. Learn about our 2019-21 State Service Plan.
VisionThe people of North Carolina will contribute through volunteer service and civic engagement to build a better state.
- Briles Johnson, Executive Director
- Megan Trawick, Deputy Director
- Susan Dean, AmeriCorps Program Officer
- Whitney Campassi, AmeriCorps Program Officer & Training Coordinator
- Colleen Garrett, AmeriCorps Compliance & Support Specialist
- Joseph Dsouza, AmeriCorps Financial Officer
- Jose Trueba, AmeriCorps Grant Officer
- Erinn Foote, Governor’s Page Program Coordinator
- Luz Sanabria-Reyes, Disaster Services Manager
- Garrett Pearce, Policy and Disaster Relief Coordinator
- Donna Atkinson, Social Media Manager
North Carolina Commission on Volunteerism and Community Service
North Carolina Office of the Governor
20301 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-0301