The Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, created in 2015, focuses on protecting North Carolina’s military installations, working with the communities around military bases, helping military families and veterans get the support and services they need, and helping connect veterans with jobs.
The agency manages the NC4VETS website, your one-stop-shop for information on services, benefits and programs for veterans, service members and their families:
- VA Benefits
- Personal Services
The goals of the DMVA Military Division are:
- Goal 1: Protect North Carolina’s existing military installations and missions
- Goal 2: Expand defense related economic development in North Carolina
- Goal 3: Improve quality of life for military members and families
- Goal 4: Provide legislative and state agency coordination for military related issues
- Goal 5: Lead the state’s efforts to prepare for the next base realignment and closure (BRAC) process.