Education Information & Resources

CRF Information for Higher Education & K-12

Visit our Higher Education and K-12 page under our CRF hub for more CRF-specific information.

Visit the CRF Page for Education Entities

Longleaf Commitment

On May 24, 2021, Governor Cooper announced the Longleaf Commitment program, a $31.5 million investment to guarantee that graduating high school seniors from low- and middle-income families receive at least $2,800 in federal and state grants to cover tuition and most fees at any of the state’s 58 community colleges. Additional details on how students can apply for these grants will be available at the NC Community Colleges website.

Visit NC Community Colleges

Longleaf Complete

On May 24, 2021, Governor Cooper announced the Longleaf Complete program to help college students whose education has been interrupted during the pandemic complete their degrees. $12.5 million in flexible funding will help the UNC System Office, NC Community College System, and independent colleges and universities provide financial aid or expand student support services to help students who are near completion of their degree or credential and need the extra help. Learn more by contacting your college or university.

Education Relief Aid

View the May 11, 2021 Overview of Education Relief Aid presentation slides for more information about relief aid for North Carolina education entities.

Contact Us

If you are a CARES Act or ARP Act fund recipient with questions about funding, guidance, reporting, or resources, please email the North Carolina Pandemic Recovery Office or call us at (984) 236-0795.


If you are looking for housing financial assistance due to the pandemic or have questions about the HOPE program, please visit ReBuild NC's HOPE Program page or call 888-927-5467.

HOPE Program

Report Fraud Hotline

Fraudulent activities should always be reported to your local law enforcement office. The following is additional information on how specific types of fraud complaints or cases of suspected fraud can be submitted to state agencies.

Report Misuse of Coronavirus Relief Funds